Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I've been Tagged!

Hey Ladies!
I'm so excited to be tagged in Social Sara's "Getting to Know You" game! Here is how it works:

Game Rules:
1. You must post the rules
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions to ask the people you have tagged
5. Tag 11 bloggers and link them to your post
6. Let the bloggers know they have been tagged

11 Fun Facts About Me:
1. The only meal I know I can cook successfully without fail is tacos. Which also happens to be my favorite food along with guacamole. It's a good thing the boyfriend's favorite food is also tacos or he would starve.
2. I love reality T.V. and never miss an episode of The Bachelor/Bachelorette. I will in fact, turn down going out on nights it airs.
3. I have worked at the same restaurant for almost 9 years. I started working there when I was 14 and just never left! The owners have become practically family.
4. I need something sweet at the end of every meal. Love me some dessert!
5. I too, like Social Sara, am a former pageant girl.
6. As an English major, I of course like and appreciate classic literature but I would be lying if I said I didn't like a good beach read every now and again (actually, I almost always have one going!)
7. As much as I cannot WAIT to be done with school (understandable since it has taken me 5 years to graduate), I am terrified at the idea of not knowing where I will be come fall.
8. I mostly eat very healthy but if I could eat fast food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner without repercussions I would! I LOVE fast food!
9. I am a total Gleek. I heart Finn so much.
10. I would love to learn to play guitar.
11. When I was younger I competed in the National Jump rope Competition. You may laugh but it was actually pretty cool. How many people can say they know how to jump rope on their butt?

11 Questions from Sara:

1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love to write but I am loving getting to know people who are just like me whom I otherwise would have never had the opportunity to "meet."

2. What one thing can you not get enough of right now?
Without doubt, Pinterest (as you could probably guess from all of my pinteresting posts).

3. What's your idea of a perfect weekend?
Waking up slow, having coffee and breakfast in bed or in a quiet diner, going on a long relaxing jog or walk, reading in a bubble bath, watching movies, and making dinner. Simple but relaxing, all I can ask for.

4. Have you ever met any of the bloggers you follow?
I haven't as I am still new to the blogging world but I hope to someday!

5. If you could do anything other than what you are currently doing career-wise, what would it be?
I cannot wait to be a teacher and all of my student teaching experiences thus far have been wonderful but I would have loved to have been a nurse. The only problem is blood and such makes me very squeemish!

6. What's your favorite childhood memory?
When my sister and I were little, my mom used to read us Nancy Drew books every night. Pretty sure that's why I'm so hooked on reading now!

7. What do you allow yourself to splurge on?
Makeup! I love the drug store brands for a lot of everyday staples but nothing beats some Chanel lip gloss!

8. In the last year, what accomplishment are you most proud of?
Graduating. Okay, I know this isn't happening for another few months but after 5 long years, several major changes, and a whole lot of papers, I had serious doubts that I would see my graduation day. The best part is hearing my parents tell me how proud they are of me.

9. What is your favorite food?
Tacos and/or guacamole

10. What are your top three favorite songs on your ipod right now?
My Heart Will Wait by Joe Brooks, anything from Glee, and Remind Me by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood

11. Do you have any home improvement projects planned for 2012 and if so, what are they?
Not yet as I will be moving out of my apartment in a few months but come fall the boyfriend and I are planning on finding a place together so I'm sure there are quite a few projects in my future!

11 Questions for my Tagees:
1. What type of makeup could you not live without?
2. If you could live in any state other than the one you are in now, which would it be?
3. Is there a song on your iPod that you would be embarrassed for someone to see/hear?
4. What show are you currently hooked on right now?
5. What is the last book you read?
6. What is your cocktail of choice?
7. What iPhone apps could you not live without?
8. Top 3 favorite movies?
9. What is your favorite place to shop?
10. What is your favorite mid-day pick-me-up?
11. What is your favorite thing to blog about?

My 11 Tagees:

Thanks again to Social Sara for the invite and I hope you ladies have as much fun with this game as I did!

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Girl in Pearls

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for all the mentions. I really appreciate it! I loved learning more about you. We have a lot in common! Thanks again! :)
    -Sara
    SocialSara.net

    ReplyDelete