Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Blog!


Okay, so over a year ago I made avery lame attempt to create a blog. Quite obviously I failed because as you can see, I did exactly two posts before calling it quits. That whole life thing got in the way I suppose, though I continued to follow my favorite blogs and those lovely ladies never cease to inspire me so I'm giving it another go! So first blog entry? How about some New Years resolutions (as I have quite a few)?
Here it goes:

BLOG! I will continue to blog this time because I love to write and love following other blogs so I WILL stay on the bandwagon this time!



Pray more. I am so unbelievably grateful for all of the wonderful things in my like that God has blessed me with. I already pray often but He deserves my thanks every single day. I am so very lucky, blessed, and thankful!

Run a half marathon. When I'm motivated and have something to work towards, I love working out! WhenI have no goal however... mmm not so much. So my new goal is to run 13.1 miles! And the benefits (maybe a few lost pounds or 5?) wouldn't suck either.

Yeah, sure I'll take a body like that too please.




Read more.



Love more.



Take more pictures.




Be braver. With graduation looming, I realized that I may actually have to start thinking about the future. eek! I have lived in the same state the majority of my life and I think its time for me to experience more. And, since my degree will be in education, I can technically teach anywhere (with the right certification of course) so why not try something new??

Be more outgoing! I am a bit of an introvert, I must say. Don't get me wrong, I am quite the social butterfly and like togo out now and again, but if I'm being honest, given the choice, I like to stay home and cuddle up on the couch with a good book or movie! I'm thinking I need to put myself out there a bit more. This blog is step one!


Take more risks - see above.


Wake up everyday with the attitude that it can be a great day. When I was younger, my mom always used to tell me before school, "make it a great day!" In my lovely teenage years, I would receive this advice with an eye roll. As a get older however, I am beginning to see just how much control you have over your attitude so I will wake up happy every day!


Make someone smile every day. My wonderful boyfriend has a knack for always making complete strangers smile. Whether he makes a joke to a waiter or just makes a little small talk with a store clerk, he always makes people feel important. That's one of my favorite things about him so I have decided to overall, just be friendlier!



SAVE MORE MONEY. I like to shop. I confess. I am a huge believer in retail therepy. Since I will be entering the real world very shortly however, it is time to save save save! I will only buy the things I NEED (or I will at least try very hard!).


Alright, those are the goals! Time to get working! What are everyone else's resolutions fore 2012?

Girl in Pearls


No comments:

Post a Comment